Made this tasty recipe* for family and friends last night. Easy and delicious! Enjoy!
Black Bean Salad
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels, cooled
- 1/2 small head iceberg lettuce, about 2 cups torn
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 T finely chopped red onion (optional)
- 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) Lima beans or butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- tortilla chips
In a large bowl, whisk together the apricot preserves, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Add corn, lettuce, bell pepper, black beans, lima beans, chile pepper, and cilantro; toss lightly to blend ingredients. Garnish salad with tortilla chips.
Serves 4 main dish salads or snacks for 8.
*Thanks to southernfood.about.com!