Saturday, October 30, 2010

Morning Light

The LORD's instruction is right; it makes our hearts glad. His commands shine brightly, and they give us light. Psalm 19:8 CEV

Hi, my name is Leslie and I'm a morning person. Think "energizer bunny". That doesn't make me real popular with the glum, slow moving members of my family, or with some of you either, but it's just how I'm wired, ok? I spend the first moments of every day "waking up" my house. Even before the coffee maker steams to life with my morning brew, before the first teenager shuffles to the pantry, I walk through the house turning on lamps, opening blinds, beckoning the light into our home to chase away the darkness.

My daily time with God is like that, inviting Him to light my path so I can see where I'm going, and illuminate the ugly stuff lurking in the shadows of my heart. Without the light of His Spirit and His word to show me the dangers ahead, my progress would be slow, and I would surely trip and fall more than I do. Starting my day without Him is about as wise as running through my house in the dark. Even if mornings are not for you, why not invite Him to light your steps? All you have to lose are a few broken toes and scary surprises!

Prayer for today: Father, would you shine the light of Your word on my path today, that I might walk in your ways? Help me, too, to bring Light into my world, helping others to find their way? In Jesus Name, amen.


No comments: