BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP*
*Thanks to Spark People Recipes for this lower-fat version of this easy, tasty dish!
- 1 can Chicken (5 oz) (or similar amount of pre-cooked skinless chicken - chopped or shredded)
- 4 oz. Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 8 oz. Low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Wishbone Just2Good Blue Cheese Dressing or Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. Franks RedHot (original pepper sauce *NOT* the Buffalo Wing sauce)
Note: This is easily doubled to feed a crowd!
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix together Cream cheeses. Stir in salad dressing, Franks RedHot Sauce and shredded cheese until well mixed. Stir in chicken. Spoon into a baking dish. (use a 9 X 13 glass pan for a doubled recipe)
3.Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through. (I like to skim off any grease that has come to the top of the dish before stirring and serving.)
Serve with dry toasted pita or bagel chips, low fat crackers, celery sticks, or other raw veggies.
Note: you can substitute all Fat Free cheeses to lower the calories and fat, but...don't. It doesn't save that much in the way of fat grams and calories, and it dramatically alters the finished taste/texture.
Makes 16 1/4 cup servings
This is a crowd pleaser! Enjoy!!